11:00 pm – 7:30 am, Monday through Friday. ** Will be required to work one mandatory shift on weekends when production is 24/7 **
- Responsible for conducting Final Inspection of finished product and Test duties including, but not limited to:
- Perform First Piece testing & approval process as required.
- Visually inspecting product, as it comes off the molding machine, for any “Aesthetic” type defects (ie.: Flash, String, Shorts, Missing Pawls, Sinks, Contamination, Color, etc…) and notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech. and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
- Physically testing product, as it comes off the molding machine, for any “Functional” type defects (ie: Slipping, Hard Insertions, Flexibility/Brittleness, etc…) and notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
- Visually checking packaged product (both bag & box) for “Aesthetic” type defects, quality / position of the bag seal, and correct bag / box counts. Notifying the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech and Quality Control Manager of any abnormalities detected.
- Check sealed cartons for date coding, correct label and placement, carton seals, and carton weights.
- Verify water dispensers, scales and piece counts in bags. Notify the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech of any issues identified.
- Conduct Start-up and In-process tensile testing of molded product per documented Procedures, Work Instructions, Sampling Plans and Specifications. Determine the acceptability of the product based on the inspections and tests performed.
- Identifying any substandard material as “Non-Conforming”, segregating the “Non-Conforming” product from Accepted production, notifying Quality Control Manager of the Non-Conformance and reporting the Non-Conformance to the Shift Supervisor or Mold Tech so corrective action can be taken.
- Completing Daily Final Inspection and Test records, as required.
- Review / communicate all shift activity with the shift coming on board.
- Work with, and under the direction of, the Quality Control Manager in conducting inspections to satisfy daily priorities for Production, Sales, Purchasing, and Shipping / Warehouse departments.
- Process inventory transactions on Finished product in IQMS.
- As with any Quality Team member, act as a representative for Quality management during ISO, customer, regulatory and other audits.
- Must be able to implement and monitor directives assigned by the Director of Quality and / or Quality Control Manager.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be capable of handling multiple priorities/tasks.
- Must be able to understand and work from written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and speak the English language and understand / work with basic math functions and counting.
- Must be able to lift and stack materials up to and in excess of 50lbs.
Apply for this position